Get moving with Aquatic Therapy
Aquatic therapy helps reduce chronic pain and joint inflammation and provides relief for aches and pains. Whether you have arthritis or fractures that prevent you from lifting weight or are suffering from a sports injury, aquatic therapy will help you heal faster and feel better.
Some of the benefits of Aquatic Therapy include:
- 92 degree water to maximize your workout and warm your muscles. We are the warmest pool in Charleston!
- We have 2 underwater treadmills and 2 swim jets
- We offer accessories including steps, weights, resistance bands and jog belts to maximize your workout
- Un-weighting of joints
- Decreased muscle guarding
- Pain reduction
- Improvement of flexibility and range of motion
- Increased buoyancy for an easier, better workout
- Decreased skin inflammation as compared to traditional chlorinated pools
In addition to rehabilitation therapy, our Strengthen You and wellness program participants enjoy using the pool for a no-impact workout. Work out on your own, or join one of the small groups for a fun exercise experience.
Stop by and take a tour of our facility, or call 843-797-5167 for more information.