What is the AlterG?
AlterG, Inc. manufactures and distributes the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmills, a revolutionary technology for rehabilitation and athletic training. AlterG's unique anti-gravity technology was originally developed at NASA and tested at Nike's Oregon Research Project by America's top distance runners and is the only FDA-approved device of its kind. When using the AlterG, you will be given shorts that zip into the AlterG Treadmill. The AlterG then fills its chamber with air, reducing your body weight to up to only 20%.
What Does It Do?
Premier Physical Therapy has been getting great results with the new AlterG Zero Gravity treadmill when rehabilitating "pre" and "post" orthopedic surgery patients. The new AlterG:
- Enables pre-surgery conditioning with significantly reduced pain (pre-rehab)
- Expands the concept "Weight Bearing As Tolerated" from 20% of body weight to 100% in 1% increments, so patients can specify exactly where exercise becomes pain free and progress can be easily tracked and charted.
- Provides precise early partial weight-bearing following injury or surgery to restore natural gait, range of motion and improved patient outcomes
- Prosthetic training with improved balance and confidence
- Neuromuscular and proprioceptive re-training
AlterG is great for anyone who wants to reduce impact during exercise or have a smooth rehabilitation after surgery or injury, and is preferred and used by leading medical professionals and the world's best athletes and teams.